Items to bring to all classes:
- a few types of treats (suggestions below)
- treat pouch/pockets work too!
- collar/harness (no choke/prong collars please)
- six-foot leather/nylon leash (no flexi-leashes)
- a toy your dog enjoys
- patience and a sense of humor
Much of my puppy classes are taught while the pups are off-leash. This promotes a nice environment for puppy socialization with each other and the other people in class, and gets the owners to become very good dog handlers, as you are not relying on the leash to keep your pup with you. Class is very distracting for the pups (and occasionally for the owners as well!) so you need to bring a very TASTY treat to entice your pup to choose you over the other people and dogs. Bring a few different kinds to choose from, as well as a toy your pup enjoys playing with. What your pups loves at home may not be the same thing as in puppy class. Be prepared to change up your game!
Suggestions for treats:
- Stella and Chewy’s Carnivore crunch
- Food roll, such as Artemis or Natural Balance
- hot dogs
- freeze dried liver/chicken/beef.
- Anything your dog loves to eat!
Canine Life and Social Skills (C.L.A.S.S.)
Additional item needed: a mat/towel, crate if needed
You will also need to register your dog at mydoghasclass.com in order to finalize the requirements for taking the CLASS test at the conclusion of the course.
If you have any questions about any of this information, please let me know! I look forward to meeting you and your pup in class!